Things you need to know before you float
What to bring:
☺ “Secure footwear”: Water or aqua shoes, tennis shoes, river sandals with straps
(we see many flip-flops go floating down the river...!)
☺ Sun block or sunscreen
(bug spray is nice to have along just in case, but usually not needed.)
☺ Cap, hat or visor & sunglasses (secured with strap) for extra sun protection
(there is a risk of losing these items as well so keep them inexpensive!)
☺ Life jacket - all need one available, but worn at your own discretion.
(As long as the jackets are somewhere within your group, it's legal - like on a boat; they can be tucked away under a seat, as long as they're there!)
☺ Drinking water
(it is important to stay hydrated on hot summer days even if consuming other beverages,especially alcohol during your float)
☺ Designated driver - and remember that 21 is the legal alcohol consumption age in the state of Wisconsin!
☺ Cooler with drinking water along with snacks & other beverages you wish to
consume but PLEASE DO NOT LITTER
☺ Cash or personal check ONLY at the meeting spot. You may pay online via this web site prior to your float.
(hover over the "Reservations/Contact Us' tab and you will find pricing and payment options.)
☺ Printed directions from our web site as a back-up to your GPS; your cell phone will lose its signal so don't rely on it!
(see the note on the directions page regarding choosing a route on google maps! - very important!!)
☺ Waterproof camera - for capturing the moment(s)!!
What NOT to bring:
- Valuable items; cell phone, car keys, jewelry (yes, people have lost rings!) etc.- anything you can't risk losing!
- Money other than payment for tubing (again, anything you can't risk losing!)
- Glass containers - these are illegal and could bring about a hefty fine if you're caught with them!
- Styrofoam coolers - these create a mess that's difficult to clean up & bad for the environment if pieces break off.
- Rope to tie tubes - we will supply you with what you need to keep your group together!